A displacement of 4.7L (4,698cc) or 286 cubic inches is achieved by the PowerTech engine, which has a bore and stroke measurement of 3.66 in. x 3.405 in (93mmx 86.5mm).
Is a 4.7 Dodge motor A 318?
The Powertech engine, which is a 4.7-liter V8 engine seen in Dodge automobiles, is another name for this engine. Dodge’s parent corporation, Chrysler, is responsible for this innovation. It was designed to be a replacement for the famed 318 cubic-inch pushrod small-block V8 engine.
What size is a 4.7 Dodge engine?
- What are the technical specifications of a 4.7L Dodge engine?
- The 4.7L (286.7 ci) Dodge engine is a Chrysler PowerTech that is available in both V6 and V8 configurations.
- It has 286.7 cubic inches of displacement, is cast iron with aluminum heads, has a bore and stroke of 3.66 x 3.405, and produces horsepower that starts at 235 and increases from there depending on the make and model of the vehicle.
Is the Dodge 4.7 V8 a good engine?
The 4.7L monster is a rock-solid performer. All of the difficulties listed above are ones that are mostly caused by excessive wear and tear as well as overheating. Consequently, if you keep your engine in good working order at all times and do all necessary repairs on time, there is a very good chance that you will not have any problems.
Is the 4.7 a Magnum?
The 4.7L PowerTech engine is often referred to as the Magnum engine in Dodge applications. Although the V8’s performance figures aren’t particularly impressive by today’s standards, they were quite impressive for its day.
Is a 4.7 V8 a Hemi?
Chrysler replaced its 4.7-liter V8 engine with a more technologically advanced and inventive 3.6-liter V6 Pentastar engine, as well as with current Hemi V8 engines.
What liter engine is a 318?
Engine Specifications for the Chrysler 318 V8
|ENGINE||CHRYSLER 318 (LA 5.2L) SMALL BLOCK|
|YEARS PRODUCED||1967 TO 1991|
|CONFIGURATION||90° OHV 2-VALVE V8|
How much HP does a 4.7 Magnum have?
The following version of the 4.7L is designated by the letters ‘H. O.,’ which stand for High Output. There is a 265-horsepower rating and a torque rating of 330 foot-pounds for this particular model. The 4.7L’s final iteration, dubbed the ‘Corsair,’ arrived with 290 horsepower and 320 foot-pounds of torque at the time of its introduction.
How can I get more horsepower out of my 4.7 Magnum?
- Installing a cold air intake system on the Dodge 4.7L V-8 is a simple way to improve its performance.
- These performance systems enable the engine to take in more cold outside air as a result of their increased efficiency.
- Because cold air is denser than warm air, it exerts more pressure on the engine’s cylinders than warm air.
- Increasing the pressure results in a more reliable ignition, as well as increased power and acceleration.
Is the V8 Magnum a good engine?
Overall, the 5.9 Magnum may be a dependable engine if it is maintained and cared for properly. The reliability assessments are generally mixed, with a large number of users reporting no problems at all. People who do report problems, on the other hand, tend to report a lot more problems.