A proprietary in-house engine for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has been developed by Sledgehammer Games, which is based on the IW Engine. An improved version of the software was created for the Sledgehammer 2 video game. It is also utilized by Raven Software and Beenox for the two remasters of previous Call of Duty games from the Modern Warfare series, which are currently in development.
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered|
|Series||Call of Duty|
|Engine||IW engine (modified)|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows PlayStation 4 Xbox One|
|Release||November 4, 2016|
How long has the Modern Warfare engine been in the works?
- ‘The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare engine has been in development for five years and will be utilized in future games,’ says Treyarch.
- Windows Central is a program that allows you to manage your Windows operating system.
- The original version of this article was published on May 30, 2019.
- The date of retrieval is May 31, 2019.
- ^ ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s engine overhaul promises a generational jump in fidelity,’ says the game’s developer.