GMC Yukon Hybrid is either the first guilt-free full-size SUV or a model of uncontrolled indulgence, depending on your point of view. There are three rows of chairs and a cliff-like front end to the Yukon, which is rather large. It also makes use of a 6-liter V-8 engine, which is one of the most powerful options offered in the Yukon lineup.
|MPG||14 City / 19 Hwy|
|Transmission||4-spd auto w/OD|
|Power||295 @ 5600 rpm|
- 1 What are the specs of the 2008 GMC Yukon?
- 2 What kind of engine does a GMC Yukon have?
- 3 How powerful is the GMC Yukon Denali’s V8?
- 4 Does the GMC Yukon SLE have a 4-wheel drive?
- 5 What engine came in 2008 Yukon?
- 6 What engine does my Yukon have?
- 7 How many miles will a 2008 GMC Yukon last?
- 8 What kind of engine is in a 2007 GMC Yukon?
- 9 What transmission does a 2008 Yukon Denali have?
- 10 Is a 2008 GMC Yukon 4 wheel drive?
- 11 How do you read a GMC Yukon Vin?
- 12 Where is VIN number on GMC Yukon?
- 13 What is high mileage for a GMC Yukon?
- 14 What problems do GMC Yukons have?
- 15 Are GMC Yukons reliable?
- 16 What size is a 6.2 liter engine?
- 17 What is an L92 engine?
- 18 What is a L94 engine?
What are the specs of the 2008 GMC Yukon?
When it comes to acceleration, New Car Test Drive says that the vehicle’s ″power comes on smoothly, with no surges or glitches, and is accompanied by a lovely, dual exhaust-like tone.″ The 2008 GMC Yukon SLE and SLT are equipped with a 4.8-liter V8 engine that produces 295 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque, respectively.
What kind of engine does a GMC Yukon have?
In addition, the same engine is available as a Flex-Fuel engine, which allows it to operate on E85 fuel instead of regular gasoline. Yukon XL vehicles come equipped with a 5.3-liter V8 engine. The Yukon Denali is equipped with a 6.2-liter V8 engine that produces 380 horsepower and 417 pound-feet of torque as standard equipment.
How powerful is the GMC Yukon Denali’s V8?
According to Consumer Guide, even with the more horsepower, the Denali’s 6.2 seems just marginally stronger than the 5.3 V8. According to Autobytel, ‘Despite the GMC Yukon Denali’s size and weight, our test vehicle’s 6.2-liter V8 engine had no trouble maneuvering the condo-sized SUV.’
Does the GMC Yukon SLE have a 4-wheel drive?
In addition to a 4.8-liter V8 engine and an automatic transmission, the GMC Yukon SLE has a heavy-duty locking rear differential and StabiliTrak as standard equipment. Four-wheel drive is an option for those who like it.
What engine came in 2008 Yukon?
The 2008 GMC Yukon SLE and SLT are equipped with a 4.8-liter V8 engine that produces 295 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque, respectively. Buyers may trade up to a 5.3-liter V8 equipped with General Motors’ Active Fuel Management system, which shuts down four of the eight cylinders when they aren’t required to operate (while coasting or cruising on the highway, for example).
What engine does my Yukon have?
The vehicle identification number (VIN) is a unique number provided to your car that tells you how large your engine is. The model year is represented by the tenth number from the left, while the eighth number denotes the engine code in the sequence of numbers and letters.
How many miles will a 2008 GMC Yukon last?
A solid 200,000-mile life expectancy is provided by the GMC Yukon, which implies it will last around 13.5 years based on the average mileage driven by a US resident. Preventative maintenance, excellent driving practices, and staying on top of the vehicle’s service schedule all contribute to the vehicle’s long-term durability.
What kind of engine is in a 2007 GMC Yukon?
Capable, opulent, and insatiably thirsty
|2007 GMC Yukon SLT|
|Vehicle layout||Front engine, 4WD, 7-pass, 4-door SUV|
|Engine||5.3L/320-hp/ 340 lb-ft OHV 16-valve V-8|
What transmission does a 2008 Yukon Denali have?
Yukon Denali 2WD with 6.2L V8 Gas Engine and 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, manufactured by GMC in 2008.
Is a 2008 GMC Yukon 4 wheel drive?
The GMC Yukon is available with a choice of four different V8 engines in the model year 2008. There are four different versions available: the SLE, SLT, Denali, and the new Hybrid. Except for the Denali, which comes standard with all-wheel drive, all models are available in 2WD or 4WD configurations.
How do you read a GMC Yukon Vin?
How to Decode a GMC VIN?
- GT = Manufacturer (GMC United States)
- 1GT = Manufacturer (GMC United States)
- R represents the Platform Code (Sierra 1500)
- 1 denotes the Platform Series Code.
- V represents Restraint Type.
- E = Body Style (4-Door Pickup)
- F = Fuel Economy
- The engine type (L83 – VVT, AFM) is denoted by the letter C.
- 6 is the security code.
- Model year (2014) is represented by the letter E.
Where is VIN number on GMC Yukon?
Your car’s identification number (VIN) is frequently found in one of the following places: on the driver’s side door jam (and occasionally on the passenger’s side), under the windshield on the driver’s side, on the firewall of the vehicle, or on the steering column.
What is high mileage for a GMC Yukon?
If you keep up with your GMC Yukon’s maintenance, it can last as long as 250,000-300,000 miles. Several owners on automotive discussion sites have stated that their vehicles have reached 400k miles with just minor difficulties and maintenance over the years. If you maintain your Yukon correctly, you may expect it to last for 20 years or more, at the very least.
What problems do GMC Yukons have?
- Most Common GMC Yukon Issues The upper dash may crack.
- Cracking in the upper dash is possible.
- ‘No start’ owing to a malfunction of the anti-theft mechanism.
- Actuators for power door locks may malfunction.
- It is possible that the inside and outside door handles will break.
- It is possible that the speedometer or other instrument panel gauge will not function properly.
- It is possible that the ABS front wheel speed sensors will fail.
Are GMC Yukons reliable?
The GMC Yukon has a Reliability Rating of 3.5 out of 5.0, which places it 6th out of 14 fullsize SUVs in terms of reliability. This vehicle has an average yearly repair cost of $747, indicating that it has average ownership expenses. It requires ordinary maintenance, but when problems do emerge, they have a larger likelihood of being serious than with other models.
What size is a 6.2 liter engine?
In certain ways, the 6.2L engine may be thought of as a 6.2L big-block modular. The majority of big-block engines have a displacement of more than 400 cubic inches and weigh more than 1,000 pounds. In addition, the displacement of the small-block engines is reduced. The 6.2L engine, on the other hand, is able to fit inside a 4.02-inch bore.
What is an L92 engine?
The L92 is a 6.2L Vortec engine that is found in the Cadillac Escalade as well as various other General Motors SUVs and trucks. It features an all-aluminum construction with classic pushrod technology, but it also incorporates variable valve timing to improve performance. It was rated at 403 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque when it left the factory.
What is a L94 engine?
The L94 is a 6.2L, Gen. 4 small block engine that was utilized in premium vehicles and SUVs produced by General Motors from 2010 to 2014. The Vortec 6200 was the name given to it by the manufacturer for marketing purposes.