The Envoy XUV is also capable of running. A choice of two engines is available: the basic 4.2-liter, 275-horsepower in-line six-cylinder or the optional 5.3-liter, 290-horsepower V-8 engine with direct injection.
- 1 What was the problem with the GMC Envoy in 2004?
- 2 What kind of engine does a GMC Envoy have?
- 3 How many miles does a 2003 GMC Envoy XL have?
- 4 What are the specs of a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV?
- 5 What kind of engine is in a GMC Envoy?
- 6 How long will a 2004 GMC Envoy last?
- 7 What is the difference between a GMC Envoy SLE and SLT?
- 8 How long does a GMC Envoy transmission last?
- 9 Does the Envoy come in a V8?
- 10 What problems do GMC Envoy have?
- 11 Is GMC Envoy a good car?
- 12 How much oil does a 2004 GMC Envoy take?
- 13 How fast is a GMC Envoy?
- 14 How do I know if my Envoy is SLT or SLE?
- 15 Is the GMC Envoy a crossover?
- 16 Do GMC Envoys have transmission problems?
- 17 Are there any recalls on 2004 GMC Envoy?
- 18 What was the last year GMC Envoy made?
What was the problem with the GMC Envoy in 2004?
It is particularly well-known for being the source of the most severe GMC Envoy problems in 2003 and 2004.Owners who have had this problem have indicated that their check engine lights illuminated before they discovered a fracture in their fuel system.Their gas tank and gasoline sending unit were both in need of replacement, which they discovered when they took the vehicle to the shop for repairs.
What kind of engine does a GMC Envoy have?
Standard-length Envoys could be equipped with a 290 horsepower 5.3L V8 engine, which was also available as an option for the Envoy XL. All Envoys were equipped with a 22-gallon fuel tank. 2004 For the Envoy SUV, the model year was primarily a carryover from the previous year.
How many miles does a 2003 GMC Envoy XL have?
The Engine 03 of a 2003 GMC Envoy XL 4.2L with 236K miles is in stock and ready to ship. (Can be used on more than one vehicle) There is just one remaining! Engine 04: 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT 4.2L with only 123K miles on the clock Nice!! (Can be used on more than one vehicle)
What are the specs of a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV?
GMC A x shaped cylinder.An arrow with a chevron in it pointing down.An arrow with a chevron in it pointing down.
- An arrow with a chevron in it pointing down.
- A camera, to be precise.
- A plus symbol may be found in each of the four corners.
A gauge on the dashboard of an automobile.A vehicle seat, to be precise.The measurements for height and breadth are shown by arrows.The drivetrain of an automobile.
- View the complete set of specifications for the 2004 GMC Envoy XUV.
- Are you unsure about which trim is best for you?
What kind of engine is in a GMC Envoy?
The Envoy is a mid-size truck-based sport-utility vehicle powered by either V6 or V8 engines, and it is manufactured by GMC. An in-line 6-cylinder engine with 285 horsepower is standard on Envoy SLE and SLT models, but a 5.3-liter V8 engine with 300 horsepower is available on Envoy Denali variants.
How long will a 2004 GMC Envoy last?
According to this community for GM vehicle owners, the GMC Envoy has a lengthy life expectancy of 150,000 to 400,000 miles, depending on how you use it. If you want to extend the life of your vehicle, proper care and maintenance (which includes frequent oil and fluid changes) is the way to go.
What is the difference between a GMC Envoy SLE and SLT?
While the SLT seats are finished in perforated leather, those in the SLE seats are upholstered in quality fabric. The SLT also includes an updated eight-way power front driver’s seat as standard equipment. Instead of the SLE’s basic 7-inch GMC infotainment system, the SLT has an 8-inch GMC infotainment system, which is more advanced.
How long does a GMC Envoy transmission last?
We’ve seen the GMC Envoy gearbox last anywhere between 130,000 and 180,000 miles on average, however this varies.
Does the Envoy come in a V8?
A mid-size SUV, the GMC Envoy was produced and sold by General Motors from 1998 to 2009 throughout two generations of model years. The second generation (2002–2009) is the most recent.
|Engine||4.2 L LL8 I6 5.3 L LM4 V8|
|Transmission||4-speed 4L60-E automatic|
What problems do GMC Envoy have?
- The Most Common GMC Envoy Issues It is possible that the air compressor for the rear air springs will fail.
- Failure of the fuel level sensor.
- Failure of the AC Blower due to a faulty resistor.
- It is possible that the CD player in the radio will fail.
- It is possible that the cooling fan clutch will fail, causing noise and the Check Engine Light to illuminate.
- Due to a problem with the gas cap, the check engine light will illuminate.
- Engine misfiring may be caused by worn valve seats.
Is GMC Envoy a good car?
The Envoy is, without a question, the greatest car I’ve had in my nearly 50 years of automobile ownership. Because of its high resale value, decent gas mileage, and some of the finest towing capacity in its class, it has shown to be incredibly reliable throughout the years.
How much oil does a 2004 GMC Envoy take?
Capacity: 7 quarts (with filter) After refilling, check the oil level.
How fast is a GMC Envoy?
Specs for the 2009 GMC Envoy Denali, including 0-60 time and quarter mile.
|0-60 mph||6.4 seconds|
|Top speed||240 kph / 149 mph|
|Curb weight||2178 kilograms (4802 pounds)|
|Displacement||5300 cubic centimeters (5.3 liters / 323 cubic inches)|
How do I know if my Envoy is SLT or SLE?
While both the SLE and the SLT packages have fabric seats, the SLE package includes leather seats. Vehicles equipped with the SLT package include a CD player and a power driver’s seat, but vehicles sold with the SLE package do not often include these features.
Is the GMC Envoy a crossover?
While truck-based SUVs were becoming less popular as a result of the introduction of crossovers, GMC created the Envoy to appeal to people who preferred a more conventional approach to SUVs at the time. Of course, when compared to a crossover, the Envoy had more rugged off-road performance as well as more towing potential.
Do GMC Envoys have transmission problems?
They’re generally simple to see because of their size. Transmission difficulties in a 2006 GMC Envoy might manifest themselves as shifting delays, grinding or bouncing when accelerating, the sensation of shakiness, whistling noises, and a burning smell coming from beneath the hood, among other symptoms.
Are there any recalls on 2004 GMC Envoy?
A recall has been issued for certain MAXZONE HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLIES, DEPO BRAND, P/NO 335-1120L-AS, which were sold for use as aftermarket accessories for the vehicles listed above.
What was the last year GMC Envoy made?
The Envoy was produced until its last model year in 2009. A new five-seat GMC Terrain crossover was introduced for the 2010 model year, joining an existing eight-seat Acadia in the GMC portfolio.