- 1 How many miles can you put on a 4.3 Vortec?
- 2 How much HP does a 4.3 Vortec have?
- 3 Is the 4.3 Vortec a good engine?
- 4 How do I get more horsepower out of my 4.3 Vortec?
- 5 How long do Chevy s10s last?
- 6 How long do Chevy Blazers last?
- 7 Is a Vortec engine an LS?
- 8 How do you tell if my 4.3 is a Vortec?
- 9 What is the best Chevy V6 engine?
- 10 Can you put a carburetor on a 4.3 Vortec?
- 11 Is the 4.8 Vortec a good engine?
- 12 What year did Chevy make the 4.3 Vortec?
- 13 What kind of oil does a 4.3 Vortec take?
- 14 What size motor is a 4.3 V6?
- 15 How can I get more horsepower out of my V6?
How many miles can you put on a 4.3 Vortec?
Conveniently, the 4.3L V6 with the lowest fuel economy has the larger 28.3-gallon tank, so you‘ll still get a decent 425 to 566 miles. All evidence points to the fact that you can‘t do much better than a Silverado if you want something that’s reliable and long-lived.
How much HP does a 4.3 Vortec have?
4.3L Vortec 4300 Engine Specs
|4.3L Vortec V6 Engine Specs||LU3||EcoTec3 LV3|
|Horsepower:||195 hp @ 4600 RPM||285 hp @ 5300 RPM|
|Torque:||260 lb.-ft. @ 2800 RPM||305 lb.-ft. @ 3900 RPM|
|Bore and Stroke (in / mm):||4 x 3.48 / 101.6 x 88.4||3.92 x 3.62 / 99.6 x 92|
Is the 4.3 Vortec a good engine?
Overall, the 4.3 vortec is a very strong and reliable motor, proven by it being the longest lasting production vortec engine. Generally, these engines are extremely capable of lasting up to 300,000 miles.
How do I get more horsepower out of my 4.3 Vortec?
There are also simple, cheap ways to increase horsepower for your 4.3 V6.
- Replace your air filter. The air filter gets dirty over time and restricts the flow into the engine.
- Install a performance chip or reprogram your current computer.
- Change you gas to a higher octane.
How long do Chevy s10s last?
MOST vechile that have COMMON parts usually last long usually between 200k to 250k before it needs to be refreshed some cars will last up to 150k some will up to 300k just depending on the parts u have inside the motor such as BMW have a better bearing better rod better piston better valve train than ford chevy dodge
How long do Chevy Blazers last?
There are some others in this string that know much more than I do about mileage but from what I have seen in these replies if kept in good condition with regular oil changes the engine can go well over 200-300K miles. They are favorable to the engine Chevy used in the TB. 2 people found this helpful.
Is a Vortec engine an LS?
Although Vortec engines are “LS” based they are NOT LS engines IMO. VORTEC ENGINE IN CARS: For the most part, it will be challenging to put a Vortec truck engine into a car. Most cars, even old muscle cars have relatively low hood clearances.
How do you tell if my 4.3 is a Vortec?
How to Identify a Chevy 4.3 Liter
- Find the VIN tag in the extreme corner of the driver’s side dashboard.
- Locate the block casting number.
- Reference the number to a listing of known Chevrolet 4.3L casting numbers, similar to the one found on Rapidomarine.com.
What is the best Chevy V6 engine?
This article will discuss the top 5 best V6 engines manufactured by General Motors (GM).
- GMC V6 Engine (1960–1978)
- GM 90o V6 Engine (1977–2013)
- GM 54o V6 Engine (1994–2004)
- GM High Feature V6 Engine (2004–Present)
- GM High-Value V6 Engine (2004–2011)
Can you put a carburetor on a 4.3 Vortec?
Exhaust manifolds or V6 headers will work. You may need to leave some sensors in the holes to prevent coolant/oil leaks. The 4.3 is a 350 mius 2 cylinders, so a 500cfm carb is more than enough, just match it up to your intake.
Is the 4.8 Vortec a good engine?
4.8 Vortec Reliability – V8 Vortec 4800
The Vortec 4800 is a complete workhouse and overall a very reliable engine.
What year did Chevy make the 4.3 Vortec?
The 4.3-liter Vortec Chevy V6 was the first Vortec engine ever made in 1986 and was used in GMC and Chevy trucks. The engine boasted 155 horsepower when it first appeared.
What kind of oil does a 4.3 Vortec take?
The 4.3 liter Vortec V6 engine uses 5W30 engine oil in colder climates and 10W40 in warm climates. The 4.3 liter Vortec V6 engine holds four and one-half qts. of engine oil inside the oil pan.
What size motor is a 4.3 V6?
General Motors 90° V6 engine
|90° V6 engine|
|Displacement||200 cu in (3.3 L) 229 cu in (3.8 L) 262 cu in (4.3 L)|
How can I get more horsepower out of my V6?
If you want to increase the horsepower, you’ve essentially got to find ways to move more air in a greater volume through your engine.
- Installing a High-Performance Cold Air Intake to increase horsepower.
- Installing a High-Flow air filter and intake.
- High Performance Exhaust System.