Download Method 1 of 2: Manually Removing Keys from a Computer
- Apply a penetrating oil to the affected area. This should be applied directly to the pulley and shaft region in order to release any rust that may be causing the pulley to be difficult to move. These are the ones that come in spray bottles
- Remove the threaded fastener from the assembly. Using a tool such as a crank remover or wrench, you may remove the bolt holding the pulley in place.
- Remove any debris from the shaft. To clean the shaft, simply sand or brush it to remove any rust or debris from it.
- Remove the pulley nut from the pulley. Do all you can to keep the pulley from spinning, and then use a socket or ring spanner to tighten the nut until it is no longer loose.
- Remove the pulley by prying it off. If there is a surface behind the pulley that may be used as leverage, place a pry bar or a big screwdriver behind it to help you out.
- 1 What is the correct way to remove the key from the shaft?
- 2 How do you get a key out of a pulley?
- 3 What is the correct way to remove a stuck keyway?
- 4 How to remove a broken key from metal?
- 5 How do you remove a key from a keyway on a shaft?
- 6 How tight should a Woodruff key be?
- 7 How do you get key out of ignition is stuck?
- 8 Why won’t my car let me take my key out?
- 9 How do I remove a sheared Woodruff key?
- 10 What is the purpose of a flywheel key?
- 11 What is a shaft motor?
- 12 What are the parts of DC motor?
What is the correct way to remove the key from the shaft?
It is necessary to remove the spinning portion (rotor or armature), and then machine out the key from the keyway if the metals (shaft and key) have fused together due to friction. If this is the case, it is necessary to remove the revolving part (rotor or armature).
How do you get a key out of a pulley?
When I need to pull keys out of a lock, I normally use dikes (diagonal cutting pliers). Grab the end of the shaft that is parallel to it and lever it against the shaft. This will result in dents on both sides of the key, which can be sanded away or may not be noticeable depending on where the pulley/gear is located on the key.
What is the correct way to remove a stuck keyway?
It is necessary to remove the spinning portion (rotor or armature), and then machine out the key from the keyway if the metals (shaft and key) have fused together due to friction. If this is the case, it is necessary to remove the revolving part (rotor or armature). It is necessary to repair and re-machine the shaft if the keyway has been damaged during manufacturing.
How to remove a broken key from metal?
In rare cases, it may even be possible to rest the shaft on something soft to protect it while using a pin punch on the key’s surface.A large number of mild taps may be sufficient to loosen things up.After that, measure the diameter of the shaft surrounding the key slot to ensure that it has not grown in diameter.Light tapping may make a considerable difference in the movement of metal, so proceed with caution.
- Remove the key and replace it with a new one.
How do you remove a key from a keyway on a shaft?
Draw diagonal cutters across the sides of a key and pull the key out with your fingers. I use a Brass drift so that I don’t end up breaking anything. Placing drift on one end of the key and smacking it with a hammer is recommended.
How tight should a Woodruff key be?
It is critical for key to be tight and sturdy in the key seat when it is installed. Because of the curved shape on the bottom of the key, if the key is not snug and sturdy, it will easily slip out of the key seat. This is particularly unpleasant in situations when it is impossible to view the pulley while it is being mounted.
How do you get key out of ignition is stuck?
A second simple approach for releasing a stuck key is to press down on the key cylinder with your left index finger while simultaneously jiggling the key with your right hand. This has the potential to lessen the grip of the springs and pins that are placed inside the cylinder, allowing the key to glide out more easily.
Why won’t my car let me take my key out?
Your car is not in park or neutral. It is in drive. In some cases, you may not be able to remove your key from the ignition if the parking gear on your automobile is not correctly adjusted. You must first put the vehicle into the park position if you have an automatic gearbox before you can remove the key from the ignition.
How do I remove a sheared Woodruff key?
You’ll need a die grinder with a very thin separating disc, or even a tool like a Dremel, to do this. These can have a diameter as tiny as one foot. Make a clean split along the center, and it should fall out easily. Even if you make a little gouge in the crank, the new key will cover it up quite well.
What is the purpose of a flywheel key?
Because the flywheel key shears, it helps to prevent the crankshaft from twisting, which might result in an extremely expensive repair job. When your mower blade comes into contact with a tree root, an old stump, a huge dried clod of soil, or anything else, a soft key permits the flywheel to move on the crankshaft.
What is a shaft motor?
The shaft of a motor is a cylinder-shaped component that protrudes from the motor and its housing when the motor is running. The shaft’s primary function is to transfer energy from the motor to the end-use application in question.
What are the parts of DC motor?
A stator and an armature are the two most important components of a direct current motor. The stator of a motor is the portion that remains motionless while the armature rotates. During the operation of a direct current motor, the stator generates a revolving magnetic field that pushes the armature to rotate.