On the left-hand side of the page, click on the New Search Engine link. In the’Sites to Search’field, type in the URL of your WordPress site to be searched. Select the language in which your website will be displayed. To proceed, click on the’Create’button on your keyboard. Select the’Search engine ID’button from the drop-down menu.
How to create a search page in WordPress?
- We will construct the search page in accordance with the Search Page Template.
- Pages > Add New may be found in the Administration Screen of the site.
- Search should be entered in the title field.
- There should be nothing written in the content box.
- While you’re still on the same page, look for the Page Attributes menu item on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Template section and pick the Search Page option.
Does WordPress work with search engines?
WordPress is pre-configured to work with search engines right out of the box. In addition, its features and functionalities direct the crawling of a search engine through your site’s posts, pages, and categories, allowing the search engine to acquire the information it needs to include your site in its database.
How do I submit my WordPress site to search engines?
- There are a plethora of sites available to ″assist″ you in submitting your website to search engines.
- Some are free, while others need a charge.
- Alternative to this is to hand-submit your site to search engines yourself.
- Whatever approach you select, after your site has been thoroughly reviewed for problems and is ready to go live, search engines will warmly welcome your WordPress site to their index.
How do search engines find your website?
A search engine crawls across your site, going from page to page as it searches for information. Good navigational connections to your site’s categories, archives, and other pages will encourage a search engine to go seamlessly from one page to another, following the connecting links, and visiting the vast majority of your site, according to the search engine.