- 1 How do you remove a pulley without a puller?
- 2 How do you remove a stuck pulley from a shaft?
- 3 How do you remove a keyed pulley?
- 4 What tool is used to remove crankshaft pulley?
- 5 How do you free a seized pulley?
- 6 How do you remove a pulley from a spindle?
- 7 How do you remove a variable speed pulley?
- 8 How do you remove a keyway from an engine shaft?
How do you remove a pulley without a puller?
There is a way to do it. You put a wrench on the pulley bolt and block the other end against the floor or the frame. Then you use the starter motor to turn the engine (DO NOT START IT, JUST TURN IT) for at most one or two revolutions of the crank. Just enough to break the bolt loose.
How do you remove a stuck pulley from a shaft?
Spray a liberal amount of penetrating oil onto the front and back sides of the pulley hub until they are thoroughly soaked. Spray the pulley retaining bolt and pulley shaft with the oil. Allow about 30 minutes to two hours for the penetrating oil to loosen the rusted pulley and other parts.
How do you remove a keyed pulley?
The normal way to remove the key is to use a small cold chisel to impact the edge of the key in order to force it from its slot in the shaft. The exposed end of the key can be ground with a die grinder so that a “v” grove is formed in the end of the key.
What tool is used to remove crankshaft pulley?
A half-inch drive impact gun might be a great tool for removing a stubborn crankshaft pulley bolt. A torque wrench has also been proven to be a helpful tool for correctly securing it. You might want to follow the service manual when removing the crankshaft pulley.
How do you free a seized pulley?
Seized rusted pulley– how to break loose?
- Get it soaking in penetrating oil. Overnight won’t do much, a week is better.
- Heat helps a lot too. Get a decent MAPP gas torch and heat the pulley up, just watch for excessive heat on the pump shaft.
- If all else fails, you may need to rig up a 3 jaw puller or something on the pulley & consider it a lost cause.
How do you remove a pulley from a spindle?
Take two bolts and thread them in the two smaller holes. Tighen the bolts slowly and evenly and the pulley will drop down. Then take a small chisel and open up the vertical line in the hub. You may need to use a puller to get the hub off of the shaft, but it will come.
How do you remove a variable speed pulley?
How to Remove a Variable Speed Pulley
- Step One: Remove the Large Spring.
- Step Two: Remove the Small Tension Spring.
- Step Three: Remove the Upper Drive Belt.
- Step Four: Loosen and Remove the Pulley.
- Step Five: Inspect the Pulley.
- Step Six: Reinstall the Pulley.
- Step Seven: Reinstall the Cutting Deck.
- Step Eight: Test the Mower.
How do you remove a keyway from an engine shaft?
Place the assembly over the key, and then thread the bolt into the shaft as far as it will go. Spin the nut downward against the block. Then use a wrench to apply enough force on a nut to remove the key from the shaft. If you apply enough downward movement, the key will be extracted.