- Run the engine on low fuel, which means that you’ll be using a lot of air.
- It is commonly known that operating on a low amount of gasoline increases efficiency.
- In the olden days, while the engines were cruising, they were usually run lean – with around 15 percent surplus air – since it was more efficient.
- So, what has happened to bring about a change?
- The three-way catalyst (CO, UHC, and NOx) utilized on engine exhausts is the source of the problem.
How do you modify a car to make it more powerful?
Here are five modifications you can make to your automobile to make it happen. In order for more air to enter the engine and combine with more fuel, a supercharger raises the pressure of the air intake over the usual atmospheric level. This allows for more power to be produced.
Is it possible to improve the combustion efficiency of diesel engines?
There are technologies available that make it possible to boost combustion efficiency considerably, particularly when dealing with heavy fuels with large energy densities — such as diesel, fuel oil, bunker fuel, and so on.