Instructions on how to change the default search engine in Opera for Mac Additionally, Google is used as the integrated search engine in Opera for macOS. The following are the steps to take in order to alter this configuration:
- Open the Opera browser.
- Alternatively, select the Opera menu from the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Choosing Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears is a good place to start.
- In a new tab, the Opera Settings interface will be shown. Continue to scroll down until you reach the section under ″Search engine.″ Choose from the drop-down menu that appears within it.
- Choose from Google Search, Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo, Amazon, Bing, or any other search engine.
Search options are available in the Safari application on your Mac, and they allow you to customize how you search the web and how search results are displayed. To make changes to these options, go to Safari > Preferences > Search, then click OK. Select the search engine that you want Safari to use while conducting web searches.
How do I change the default search engine in Safari?
- Safari allows you to change the default search engine.
- Open the browser, pick Preferences from the drop-down list in the Safari menu bar in the Finder menu bar, as seen in the following screenshot.
- When the Safari Preferences screen displays, choose the Search tab, open the Search engine pull-down menu, and select the preferred search provider by selecting it from the list of search providers on the left.
How do I get rid of search engine suggestions on my Mac?
When it comes to what they do with the search data that they acquire from you, different search engines have varied rules. Select Safari > Preferences from within the Safari application on your Mac, then click Search. Uncheck the box that says ″Include search engine suggestions.″
How do I switch between different search engines?
- The magnifying glass icon in the Smart Search box may be used to quickly switch between several search engines, which is a convenient shortcut.
- All you have to do is click it and select the service you want to utilize for the current search.
- Select Settings from the Customize and manage Google Chrome () menu in the top right corner of the Chrome window when it has been opened in the browser.